Friday, January 27, 2012

Book coming soon!

So you may or may not know that I am in the midst of writing my story with the intent to publish and all news regarding this will be posted here. I am two chapters away from finishing my rough draft and will speak with an editor on Tuesday in hopes to get the story through its first edit...yay!

Since the premature birth of my baby girl nine years ago, I have thought on occasion that it would be great to share my story as inspiration to all who would hold it in their hands. When I was 32-weeks pregnant with her, I was blindsided by a horrific crash that involved my Grand Am, a pickup truck and two semi trucks. Our worlds changed in a million different ways on that day and my family and I have been on a neverending roller coaster as a result. I was just an infant in my relationship with God at the time and He had some serious plans about how he would grow me in my walk with Him!

Writing my memoirs is something that I have dreamed of doing and up until about a month ago, had only written occasionally with the thought that it might be nice to publish one day. Well, if I learned anything in 2011 it was that "one day" doesn't always come! I lost my dad in May of last year and for as long as I can remember, he had been an incredible inspiration to me. He encouraged me to just start writing and he had a solution for every excuse I made so once the dust settled, I decided I would take his advice. I began to write and research the medical records, notes and day planners that I had kept through the years (not realizing how priceless they would become) and it all seemed to flow so well. Before I knew it, I was networking with everyone I knew to communicate with and stumbled upon editors and publishers, blogs and books, all of which would be incredibly helpful in paving the way.

So embark on this journey with me; it promises to be bumpy but encouraging and will surely have a happy ending. By following my blog, you will be the first to know when the book becomes available in eBook formatting, as well as paperback. I will do my best to keep you posted concerning my progress and appreciate your support in the meantime!

Never take a single day for granted...each second is a special blessing of its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment