Thursday, February 2, 2012

Continued Blessings!

I can tell that God means for me to write this book because I have yet to experience a road block of any sort. Each day brings new blessings that are, quite frankly, a lot to take in! I am so conditioned to expect my efforts to be difficult and stifled in one way or another but that is simply not the case with this particular venture.

You may or may not know that I have a daily devotional that was given to me by my leader at church called Jesus Calling (thanks Keith!) and most days it speaks to me as if God wrote it just for my eyes. As with any process, sometimes we find ourselves becoming overwhelmed with the end product and overlook much of the journey that leads us to that end. I have struggled with this over the course of the past week or so because instead of focusing upon writing my story and finishing the last two chapters, I have been distracted by details that aren't yet important. I am tied up in a web of publishers, blog posts, message boards and expert opinions regarding how to publish the book, how much it is going to cost me and researching one idea after another. I find myself sifting through the story and ripping it to shreds before I have even completed it!

So yesterday when I opened up my devotional, the craziest thing happened (as it usually does when I dive into God's word!) The discussion was all about taking your focus off of the gigantic mountain that looms up ahead and instead keeping your mind on what today holds. It reads "Keep your mind on the present journey, enjoying My Presence. Walk by faith, not by sight, trusting Me to open up the way before you."

Perfect! Today I kept that in mind and I have made more progress than I even imagined I would in just a few short hours, despite all of the distractions that occurred earlier in my day! I put my faith in Him and he kept His word just as He always has. Isn't it amazing what happens when you let go of the things that have no matter and focus on those that do?

Today's devotion stated that He is training my mind to seek Him in every moment and is renewing my thought process. He most certainly did! I am back on track and feeling high as a kite!

My departing words of wisdom for the day:
Find and keep your focus!

Don't sweat the small stuff because it just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Do not allow distractions to move your focus to unimportant issues.

Thanks for checking in! Have a day full of blessings and don't forget to thank Him for them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment