Thursday, February 16, 2012

Take Comfort in the Quiet Moments

After taking time off from my writing to earn a quick paycheck, I am realizing that distractions such as this are severely impeding my progress. Hopefully next week will be a better week for writing but in the meantime, I am trying to live according to the words in my devotional.
  • Do not spoil the quiet hours by wishing them away.
  • Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of your circumstances.
  • Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms.
  • My strength and power show themselves most effective in weakness.
  • Pry your mind away from your problems so you can focus your attention on Me.
  • Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than you ask or imagine.
You get the point. I cling to all of this guidance as I struggle with my own demons and deadlines. Tomorrow is definitely a new day (filled with many more distractions, unfortunately).

Make peace with this phase of your life, regardless of whether it is a phase full of wealth and good health or full of despair and pain.

1 comment:

  1. Since the day I met you I always knew you were an amazing woman and friend...but more importantly I thank God everytime I think about how He has made us sisters.

    ReplyDelete